Overview: In this episode, Steve Shapiro comes on the Think Bold, Be Bold Show! Steve helps organizations drive tenfold improvements on their innovation ROI over traditional methods. To do this, he gets everyone focused on the most critical opportunities for avoiding disruption and staying relevant. He is a business author, consultant, and speaker on the topics of innovation and collaboration. Steve started his innovation work over 20 years ago while leading a 20,000-person innovation practice at the consulting firm, Accenture. Since then he has written five books, including “Best Practices Are Stupid,” which was named the best innovation and creativity book by 800-CEO-READ and is an international #1 business best seller. His Personality Poker® card game has been used in 25 countries to create high-performing innovation teams. Steve has presented at conferences in 50 countries and in 2015 he was inducted into the Speaker Hall of Fame. He was recently a regular judge and mentor on the TLC innovation reality television show, “Girl Starter.” Tune in for a fun episode with our hosts and Steve!
5 Golden Nuggets Shared:
- Who you are not is more important than who you are. Recognize who you are, what your good at, and how you can bring value to an organization.
- The basics of selling any product or service are finding the problem, not always just the solution. While solutions are important, sometimes it’s more important to evaluate the entire problem before finding that solution.
- You can’t do everything. Utilize your genius and bring in others who have the skills you need to keep growing. Collaboration is key!
- Innovation is the core of any businesses or organizations success. Make sure you are at the forefront of that innovation and implement core principles to guide you through the process.
- Every failure comes with a spreadsheet or document that looks amazing. Failures are learning lessons and part of your growth process. Embrace the failure!
3 Bold and Kick-Ass Quotes:
- “Be true to yourself while recognizing you have to create value.” – Steve Shapiro
- “The role of a leader is to create other leaders.” – Steve Shapiro
- “If you do even a subtle shift, you can have a big impact.” – Steve Shapiro
Click the hyperlink below to connect directly with Steve!
Click the hyperlink below to connect directly with us!
Until next time, Do Something Nice for Someone!