Overview: In this episode, we interview Dr. James Kelley on the Think Bold, Be Bold Show! Dr. James Kelley, author of The Crucible’s Gift: 5 Lessons from Authentic Leaders Who Thrive in Adversity, brings a fresh perspective to leadership coaching and keynotes. His journey from a humble home in Portland, Oregon to earning his PhD and living near Dubai with his wife and four children has been full of adversity. James also has a keen interest in the adversity that shapes great leaders around the world.
Whether it’s on his podcast, Executives After Hours, or giving a keynote speech at a conference, James loves to dive deep and share stories of how and why leaders need crucible moments to be a better version of themselves. James believes that his unique journey filled with ups and downs, twists and turns, and a driving curiosity, equips him to bring great value to the world of executive leadership. Tune in for a fun and informal conversation with your hosts and Dr. James Kelley!
5 Golden Nuggets Shared:
- In life, it’s important to be authentic. A true leader is authentic, relatable, and guides others based on the adversities they have overcome.
- Make sure to look at the positives of adversity and also learn to live with the sorrows of adversity. Both are key in truly overcoming an adversity and growing from it!
- Listen with intent. Don’t think about how you can interject your own wisdom, but rather listen to what they are really saying.
- Without a learning mindset, you won’t grow or develop.
- Acknowledge that fear is a valid emotion, but don’t let it control you. Push through the fear and see how much you grow from it.
3 Bold and Kick-Ass Quotes:
- “Who you are defines what you do.” – James Kelley
- “As competitive people, sometimes we get so caught up in trying to be right that we forget the moments of doing right instead.” – James Kelley
- “Don’t let fear conquer you, conquer your fear.” – James Kelley
Click the hyperlink below to connect directly with James!
Click the hyperlink below to connect directly with us!
Until next time, Do Something Nice for Someone!