Overview: In this episode, CEO and Co-Founder of Zuora, and Best-Selling Author of “SUBSCRIBED,” Tien Tzuo comes on the Think Bold, Be Bold Show! His company, Zuora, is the leading Subscription Economy SaaS provider, with over a thousand customers worldwide. Formerly, Tien was the chief marketing officer and chief strategy officer of Salesforce. Tien argues that shifting your mindset from product-centered business to consumer-centered business will allow your business to move beyond the linear. Tune in to learn more about subscription models and why Tien believes they will soon disrupt the entire business industry.
5 Golden Nuggets Shared:
- You need to think like your customers and give them what they really want. It’s also important to pay close attention to the current economy and what trends customers are buying into.
- Figure out what business you are in and how you can maintain that relationship with your business, employees, partners, and customers.
- If you are considering turning your business into a subscription model, think of your customers as subscribers rather than just customers. What are your customers going to want or need on a monthly basis? How can you create efficiency in your system with a great customer experience?
- If you’re not shifting to a subscription model now, chances are that in a few years you might not have any business left to shift.
- A transformation isn’t always easy, but it doesn’t have to be hard either. Challenge yourself to think differently, finding ways to simplify your transformation and overall experience.
3 Bold and Kick-Ass Quotes:
- “It’s all about the experience today, not just the product.” – Tien Tzuo
- “This is the business model for the future.” – Tien Tzuo
- “It’s about keeping your customers longer without having a business model where your success is tied to your customer’s success.” – Tien Tzuo
Click the hyperlink below to connect directly with Tien!
Click the hyperlink below to connect directly with us!
Until next time, Do Something Nice for Someone!