Overview: In this episode, Grant Baldwin, comes on the Think Bold, Be Bold Show! If you have been struggling to find and book paid speaking gigs, this episode is for you! Grant is the founder of TheSpeakerLab.com and Booked And Paid To Speak training program. Grant is a nationally renowned keynote speaker, an author, and host of “The Speaker Lab” podcast. As a speaker, Grant has given hundreds of presentations, speaking to over 400,000 people in 45 different states. His speeches have been delivered to leadership conferences, conventions, and other events. His book and curriculum for students, “Reality Check,” is taught in 400 schools around the country. As much as he enjoys speaking and entrepreneurship, Grant’s family always comes first. He is married to his high school sweetheart and together they have three daughters, residing in Nashville, TN. Tune in to hear how you can amp up your speaking career, getting booked and paid to speak!
5 Golden Nuggets Shared:
- When starting a speaking career, the first and most important step is figuring out who you are speaking to, what problem you solve, and where they gather. To simplify, think WHO, WHAT, and WHERE.
- In Grant’s words, make sure you’re the steakhouse and not the entire buffet. Meaning, hone in on one genius topic you poses and be that go-to person to book for that gig.
- What you do professionally only scratches the surface of who you are. Show everyone you are more than your profession by being true to yourself, authentic to those around you, and being involved in your community.
- There are 2 sides of speaking, the art side of creating a talk and the business side on how to obtain gigs. It’s much more than just jumping on a stage to speak.
- As an entrepreneur being self-employed, you’re going to have good months and bad months. Appreciate the good months and use the bad months to fuel your desire to keep pushing in your business.
3 Bold and Kick-Ass Quotes:
- “As a speaker, you’re in the problem-solving business.” – Grant Baldwin
- “Who you are is more important than what you do.“ – Grant Baldwin
- “In life and business, there’s planting and harvesting.“ – Grant Baldwin
Click the hyperlink below to connect directly with Grant!
Click the hyperlink below to connect directly with us!
Until next time, Do Something Nice for Someone!