Overview: In this episode, author of “Breaking Chains” and inspirational speaker, Blake B. Shelley comes back on the Think Bold, Be Bold Show! As a person with a disability, Blake has had to overcome many obstacles and challenges over the course of his life. At the age of six months, Blake was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy (CP), which was due to a lack of oxygen at birth. CP has made everyday tasks (ADLs) such as eating, walking, and typing extremely difficult. However, it has also taught him how to persevere while not being defined by a disability. It was ingrained in Blake by his parents and support system to never give up on his goals. The confidence Blake found through his faith, family, and friends enabled him to attend George Fox University in Newberg, OR, on a scholarship through the Act Six Leadership Initiative, and earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in Christian Ministries. Since graduating from George Fox, Blake has devoted his time and resources to improving the quality of life of others, as well as educating the public about physical and emotional hurdles faced by young entrepreneurs. He has pursued this through promoting disability awareness in public schools, mentorship, disabilities advocacy, disabilities ministries, and educating the general public through speaking engagements. Using these experiences as a foundation, Blake is now bringing his message of breaking chains to those seeking success in their personal and professional lives. Tune in to hear Blake’s inspirational message and learn how you can overcome your own adversity!
5 Golden Nuggets Shared:
- Make sure you walk the talk. If you are preaching something, you have to be executing it. This will boost your credibility and help you live a better quality of life.
- Look at your life with a fresh perspective. Instead of focusing on the obstacles in your life, focus on how to get around them. Ask yourself, what can change to make you happier?
- Everyone can break chains in their own lives. No one can do this but you!
- Adversity is all around us. It’s different for everyone, but the tools to overcome it are the same.
- When things don’t go your way, look for a learning lesson or new growth opportunity.
3 Bold and Kick-Ass Quotes:
- “When I was writing my book I would set goals for myself.” – Blake B. Shelley
- “It’s my passion to get up on stage and inspire people to overcome their challenges.” – Blake B. Shelley
- “Take a look at where you’re at and where you want to be, then plan out your journey on how to get there.” – Blake B. Shelley
Click the hyperlink below to connect directly with Blake!
Website – Grab his new book here!
Click the hyperlink below to connect directly with us!
Until next time, Do Something Nice for Someone!