Overview: In this episode, Bob Burg aka “The Go-Giver,” comes back on the Think Bold, Be Bold Show! He is a world-renowned speaker, best-selling author, and host of The Go-Giver Podcast. Bob shares information on topics vital to the success of today’s businessperson. He speaks for corporations and associations internationally, including fortune 500 companies, franchises, and numerous direct sales organizations. Bob regularly addresses audiences ranging in size from 50 to 16,000 — sharing the platform with notables including today’s top thought leaders, broadcast personalities, Olympic athletes and political leaders including a former United States President. Although for years he was best known for his book Endless Referrals, over the past few years it’s his business parable, The Go-Giver (co-authored with John David Mann) that has captured the imagination of his readers. The Go-Giver, a Wall Street Journal and BusinessWeek Best-Seller, has sold over 700,000 copies. Since its release, it has consistently stayed in the top 25 on 800ceoread’s Business Book Bestsellers List. It has been translated into 21 languages. It was rated #10 on Inc. Magazine’s list of the Most Motivational Books Ever Written and was on HubSpot’s 20 Most Highly Rated Sales Books of All Time. Bob is the author of a number of books on sales, marketing, and influence, with total book sales of well over a million copies. The American Management Association named Bob one of the 30 Most Influential Leaders and he was named one of the Top 200 Most Influential Authors in the World by Richtopia. Bob is an advocate, supporter, and defender of the Free Enterprise system, believing that the amount of money one makes is directly proportional to how many people they serve. He is also an unapologetic animal fanatic and served on the Board of Directors of Furry Friends Adoption and Clinic in his town of Jupiter, Florida. Tune into his show to hear how you can become a go-giver, and make sure to go back and listen to his previous episode #73 with us!
5 Golden Nuggets Shared:
- A go-giver is someone who understands that shifting their focus from getting to giving (giving, in this context, meaning constantly and consistently providing value to others) is not only a pleasant way of doing business; it’s the most financially profitable way, as well.
- Begin by moving from an “I-focus” or “me-focus” to an “other-focus” looking for ways to bring immense value to that other person.
- No one is forced to do business with anyone else. In this environment, the customer always has the last word because they are the ones to decide if you are doing business or not.
- People skills can be taught and learned, but the single greatest people skill is a highly developed and authentic interest in the other person.
- Take the principles you learn and apply them. The key there, you have to start and apply them.
3 Bold and Kick-Ass Quotes:
- “It’s not about you, it’s about them.“ – Bob Burg
- “If you want to serve the marketplace, you have to put the customer’s interests first.” – Bob Burg
- “Always make it in the other person’s best interest.” – Bob Burg
Click the hyperlink below to connect directly with Bob!
Click the hyperlink below to connect directly with us!
Until next time, Do Something Nice for Someone!