Overview: In this episode, we interview Corey Poirier, aka “That Speaker Guy.” Corey is a multiple-time TEDx, and sought-after Keynote, Speaker. He hosts the radio shows, “Conversations with Passion” and “For The Love Of Speaking.” He is also a columnist with Entrepreneur and Forbes, interviewing well over 4,000 of the world’s top leaders. Tune in to hear how Corey has achieved the success he has in these competitive industries, and how you can too! Spoiler alert: Corey’s latest book just launched today, “The Book of WHY (and HOW)!”
5 Golden Nuggets Shared:
- To become an expert you don’t necessarily need to have all the knowledge in order to teach it. Start interviewing people who have the knowledge you seek and package it.
- You don’t always have to reinvent the wheel. Take a version from one wheel you like and make it your own.
- The key to a good Ted Talk is “trimming the business fat.” Don’t get to caught up in the story, get to the root of it and trim what doesn’t need to be there.
- If you are starting a Ted Talk from scratch don’t complicate it, use this simple blueprint. Choose your topic, pick 3 stories that are 5 minutes in length each, and there is your Ted Talk!
- Find shortcuts so you can focus on crafting your genius zone. Find ways to cut corners by outsourcing work, using your network, etc.
3 Bold and Kick-Ass Quotes:
- “Sometimes it’s just the belief.” – Corey Poirier
- “Collaboration is huge for scaling your business.“ – Corey Poirier
- “Time is money.” – Corey Poirier
Click the hyperlink below to connect directly with Corey!
Click the hyperlink below to connect directly with us!
Until next time, Do Something Nice for Someone!